1. All horses and riders stabled and/or registered in Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire and Essex are eligible and can accumulate points as per rules 2-12, but only at qualifying events in the South East Eventers League Championship.
2. SEEL LEADING HORSE AND RIDER
Points will be awarded to 6th at all qualifying events, irrespective of section starters, on BE placing points from Novice sections upwards. Placing points as BE for Advanced, and all International classes count down to placings as awarded by BE. Double clears do not score. Open Novice horses will only score points if Grade 3 or 4 at start of current season with less than 12 points. Intermediate novice and INU21 points will be awarded as for novice. Note that under BE rules INU21 sections are open to grade 1 horses
3. LITTLETON MANOR BE 80 NB. For the BE 80 ranking, combinations will not receive points after 3 placings at BE 90 level and above or have more than 25 foundation points as per qualifications for BE80 Championship finals.
4.EQUI-VATION BE 100 Points will be awarded as follows, 1st = 6 points down to 6th = 1 point at all qualifying events. No points for double clear. Horses must be grade 4 (no BE points). Please note that from 2018 these rankings are open to all .
5.THE MOORHOUSE COMMUNICATIONS BE90
Points will be awarded as follows, 1st = 6 points down to 6th = 1 point at all qualifying events. No points for double clear. Horses must be grade 4 (no BE points). Please note that from 2018 these rankings are open to all .
6.VOLTAIRE OVERALL GRASSROOTS
The overall grassroots winner will be the combination gaining the most points in BE80/ BE90/ BE100/BE105 over the season. Competitors must be eligible for the BE grassroots championship at Badminton . To gain points from BE80 competitions, combinations must be eligible for the BE 80 Championship finals at Burghley Competitors must not have ridden at International level in the past 10 seasons. This award can only be won once by the same combination The prize for 2020 is a Voltaire Saddle TBC.
7.WELLINGTON RIDING NOVICE
Novice points are open to grade 3 and 4 horses that start the current season with less than 12 BE points. Points as BE points to 6th place in Novice, ON, IN, I, , JRN and all Junior/U21 classes, no points for double clears. Points gained in International classes will go as per BE placings.
8.POPPINGHOLE FARM BREEDING RANKING (OPEN TO ALL MARES AND STALLIONS ONLY)
Points awarded from 1st to 6th place for horses from all levels. For example 1st = 6 points down to 6th = 1 point. Points gained in International will go as per BE placings.
9.THE HORSEBOX SPA RETIRED RACEHORSE TO EVENTER
Points awarded at all levels as follows 1st =10points down to 10th=1 point. Ex-racehorses must be registered thoroughbreds and have raced/trained under recognised rules of racing in the UK. Relevant documents must be produced by prize winners.
10. UNDER 21
Novice and above BE points as per rule 2. BE 100 and BE 90 points awarded 1st = 6 points down to 6th = 1 point. JRN and JON: Grade 3 and 4 horses receive novice points to 6th. Grade 1 and 2 receive 1st = 4 points down to 4-6th = 1 point.
11. THE COAST INSURANCE VETERAN RIDER &SUPER VETERAN
Veteran points awarded at all levels 1st = 6 points down to 6th = 1 point
12. THE 'NACHTIGALL' VETERAN HORSE
Open to horses aged 15 years or over. Veteran horse points awarded at all levels 1st – 6th
13.UNDER 21 An under 21 rider is defined as being under 21 at the beginning of the BE season.
14.VETERAN A veteran rider is defined as being over 40 at the beginning of the BE season.
15. Each combination must remain the same throughout the season although a change of rider is acceptable in certain cases, for instance because of injury, but not where a rider is substituted to gain points. Competitors must apply to the organising committee for permission to use this rule. The organising committee has discretion to ensure this rule is used fairly at all times.
16 .Any combination becoming eligible during the season will only score points from when they became eligible. Any combination moving out of the area will only score points until that moment.
17. Ties for placings will be decided by 'consistency points' with all first places scoring 10, all seconds 9 and so on to 1 for tenth. If still equal an average will be assessed on number of runs during the season at SEEL events If two or more riders and horses remain tied, the relevant prize monies will be added together and divided equally between those riders and horses with the exception of overall grassroots.
18. The league Committee reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any entry and to interpret the rules to ensure the efficient and fair running of the league within the objectives and priorities of BE.
19. The SEEL committee will ask for nominations during the season for The SEEL groom and the Volunteer of the year awards.
20. In line with BE events and BE rule 3.16, all prizes must be received in person at the SEEL Awards by the rider or owner of the winning horse. The SEEL Committee will permit a deputy to receive the prize. If not received in accordance with this rule, the Committee may declare the prize forfeit. The awards this year take place on November 13th 2021 at the SEEL 'Silver' Ball.